How We're Trying to Save Our Planet
Through the years, we have been a leader in managing our business in a way that impacts the environment in a friendly, positive, and thoughtful manner. Long before others were paying attention to environmental issues, we implemented the following Environmental Vision and Management Policy:
- Virtually 100% of our paper purchases are from paper companies that harvest trees from decades-old tree farms specifically planted, harvested, and replanted to provide an ongoing source of non-public paper pulp. These tree farms not only ensure a sustainable, ongoing paper supply but also assure the land they use will remain undeveloped commercially.
- We recycle all of the paper that's not part of your finished product.
- We use recycled papers whenever possible and encourage others to do the same.
- We use biodegradable inks and toners that are recyclable. In fact our offset inks have a higher percentage of vegetable based oils than most Soy based inks.
- We use chemicals and solvents that are almost 100% water soluble, biodegradable, and recyclable. They are often more expensive, but we consider it an investment in our future.
- We have implemented programs to reduce our electrical consumption. Except for a few security lights all of our computers, lights and machines shut down each night.